Description Of Zeaxanthin
Zeaxanthin is a new type of oil-soluble natural pigment widely found in green leafy vegetables, flowers, fruits, alfalfa and yellow corn. In nature, it often coexists with lutein, β-carotene, cryptoxanthin, etc. to form a mixture of carotenoids.
Zeaxanthin is a typical oil-soluble chloroplast pigment. In nature, wide is found in green leafy vegetables, flowers, fruits, alfalfa and yellow corn. The main pigment of yellow corn is zeaxanthin, which is about 0.1~9mg/kg in corn kernels. Green leafy vegetables are the main dietary source of lutein, but zeaxanthin is less.
Function Of Zeaxanthin
1. It is metalescent yellow rhombus tabular crystal, extracted by ethanol. It is hardly dissolve in water.
2. It is pure natural pigment and consist in corn, spinage, eggs, fishes, algae, etc. many kinds of plants and animals by modern biotechnology.
3. Widely used in foodstuff industry and cosmetis as natural colorant. Use in medicine and health care product to prevent cataract, macula degeneration and heart disease, improve the illness of pigmentary degeneration of retina. It also have antitumous effect.
4. Prevent Age-related macular degeneration.
5. Prevent Cataract, intima-media thickening, heart disease.
6. Improve Retinitis pigmentosa of disease of patient.
Application Of Zeaxanthin
1. Applied in food field, it is mainly used as food additives for colorant and nutrient.
2. Applied in pharmaceutical field, it is mainly used in vision careproductstoalleviatevisualfatigue, reduce incidence of AMD, retinitis pigmentosa (RP), cataract, retinopathy, myopia, floaters, and glaucoma.
3. Applied in cosmetics, it is mainly used to whitening, anti-wrinkle and UV protection.
4. Applied in feed additive, it is mainly used in feed additive for laying hens and table poultry to improve the color of egg yolk and chicken. Make high commercial value fishes more attactive, such as salmon, trout and spectacular fish.
【Storage】Store in tight, light-resistant containers, avoid exposure to direct sunlight, moisture and excessive heat.