【Product Name】Beta Sitosterone
【Appearance】White Crystal powder
【Description Of Beta Sitosterone】
β-Sitosterol is one of several phytosterols (plant sterols) with chemical structures similar to that of cholesterol. Sitosterols are white, waxy powders with a characteristic odor. They are hydrophobic and soluble in alcohols. It is widely distributed in the plant kingdom and found in Nigella sativa, Serenoa repens (saw palmetto), Pygeum africanum,sea-buckthorn, wolfberries, Mirabilis jalapa, Cannabis sativa, Urtica dioica, and Wrightia tinctoria.
【Function Of Beta Sitosterone】
1. It can increase the excretion of chloride.
2. It has lowering blood pressure and blood glucose effect.
3. It has a choleretic effect, increase bile secretion and promote bile excretion, can reduce organic and impurity in bile;
4. It has hemostasis effect, can accelerate the process of blood coagulation, increase blood levels of thrombin increased platelet count.
【Application Of Beta Sitosterone】
1. Food Ingredient/Supplement: A major emerging application linked to the discovery of the hypo-cholesterolemiant effect of phytosterols.
2. Cosmetics: A presence of phytosterols in cosmetic compositions for more than 20 years. A more recent trend for the development of phytosterols as specific cosmetic actives. Such as Emollient, Skin Feel,Emulsifier.
3. Pharmaceutical Raw Material:
An application developed in the 1970s, based on the shift from saponins to phytosterols as bulk materials for steroid synthesis with initial work focused on chemically degraded stigmasterols and more recent developments concerning other phytosterols degraded by fermentation.
【Storage】 Store in sealed containers at cool & dry place. Protect from light, moisture and pest infestation